Thursday, September 27, 2007

Marriage

September 2007
Friendster

Me and my sister was talking one day about something when suddenly she said...me, i wanted to get married next year! I was like, huh????? really dumbfounded! I just can't really believe it...seriously!
Well, come to think of it...I should have not been surprise to hear about it, after all she was old enough (some say too old enough)...she is in her early 30's...but, what surprise me, was we never talk much about "it". it seems that we are comfortable for what we are now...single, living with our parents,home during weekends, talking, fighting, teasing... just like what I've known...since we we're kids...since forever... and I can't grasp the fact that one day...she willleave home...have her own family...and eventually move away. Its kinna sad...at the same time, it got me thinking what I really wanted in life...have I really thought about that?
I was really envious to those, who can easily say, "hey I wanna get married"...without a pause and "but" to follow...
But seriously, who wouldn't want to get married? I guess all little girls dream of getting married one day with the love of their life...whether its with their price charming or with their very own ogre (thanks to Shrek...now we have more option..hehehehe)...and I'm one of those little girls once...I dreamed of one day,I'll walk down the ailse and at the end of the alter there waiting my future husband. Finally, I'll have my own home and kids. I dreamed of a loving husband, who shares my joys and sorrow...through thick and thin, from happy days and sad...I wanted someone who I can grow old with, makes me laugh, makes me cry...and shares the wonders of marriage..life...BUT...its not that easy to get married...seroulsly!
OK, well lucky for some, its easy for them...! They decided they wanna get married..and viola! All their family were happy! Relatives contributed something for the wedding to push through and so on...they get married. End of the story...and they live happily ever after...or do they????
Wish life or marriage life are really like that...but i am thinking, marriage is not about the wedding, for me its the life after the wedding...once I get married, I want a happy ever after! the real one! I don't want a fancy wedding, I want a quite one...be surrounded by close friends and family...no extravaganza...just us and all thats important...wedding last for only... 3 or 4 hours, then its over, but marriage it's a different matter. That's what i wanted to prepare myself and my future better half with...thats what I am thinking, when they ask me, when is the wedding? (I've been ask about that a hundred in one times)...and I'll alway have no answer.
I am not saying that I am unsure of the man I intended to marry one day...oh no! As a matter of fact, I already have an idea who he is..its just that...When I am sure that I and my husband to be is really (seriously) ready to face the life after the "Wedding" then I'll ... YES!

No comments: